Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Sunday

Ok, so Easter Sunday is this weekend. To be honest, I'm not much of a religious man and I like ham just as much as the next guy but I've been told that there's more to this holiday than just ham and egg hunts. Let me offer everyone a glimpse of this day as I've come to know it. After being awoken at the crack of dawn, I'll try and funnell as much coffee as possible before my wife makes me run out and get flowers for my mother in law. This entails stopping at the nearest guy in a van selling anything with color that looks alive. Shorty after this, guests (my in-laws) begin to arrive and and the drinking commences. The kids will all run around like maniacs during the egg hunt and quickly make what was once an organized, neat home look like the Delta house (minus Belushi and Flounder in Toga's). We will eat a delicious meal that my wife prepared and after doing the dishes, I'll try and sneak away and watch either the Sox, C's or any sporting event being televised at the time. After getting frustrated of trying to wrestle the remote away from my brother in laws who would rather watch Jersey Shore or ABDC, I'll make my exit to the basement and wait for the sweet sensation of the buzz that I've long been waiting for to take effect. So I guess the question that I pose is this: Does anyone elses holiday even remotely resemble what I have come to know and love?Yes love. I know that last part may sound strange but after you've lived this routine over and over again, you begin to like it.  Am I missing something or is this the true meaning of Easter Sunday?

6 comments:

  1. So everyone read this and no one commented?!!! Well very funny for the first entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just described every holiday at our house. The kids are crazy and the drinking is standard (and needed). I look forward to it every holiday though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's refreshing to know that we're not the only ones who need a little extra "help" in dealing with the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must. Stop. Laughing. Long. Enough. To. Click. Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dying to know??? Did Easter turn out as you predicted?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was as if we were following a script. Flowers in the morning, booze in the afternoon and mayhem througout. Great day!

    ReplyDelete