Thursday, May 19, 2011

Go Bruins!

I grew up playing hockey and back then I never missed a Bruins game.  I knew every player on the team and my room was filled with hockey cards and Bruins posters. Somewhere along the line, this changed and I haven’t watched a game since the mid 90’s. Then last year a guy in my office got me back into the Bruins. It was nearing the end of the season, and I was interested in what I was seeing. I liked that the game was more wide open again and the Bruins had some good young guys.   They broke our hearts once again last year, but that made me even more excited to watch them this season. This year I have caught most of the games and I’m back into hockey. Then the playoffs started, and I am through the roof! Coming back from 2 games down and winning Game 7 to Montreal and then sweeping Philly, the team that broke our hearts last year, has been unbelievable;  but the win Tuesday night and the performance by Tyler Seguin was probably one of the best hockey games I have ever seen.  I’m jacked up for tonight!!! I’m leaving work and heading directly to my “mantown” with a few ice cold Tom’s Angry Brews and rooting on my Bruins!
By the way, if Seguin doesn’t score tonight, let’s not kill him tomorrow. When I was 19 I was doing keg stands at some random college party…..this kid just won us game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment